Friday, February 13, 2009

Obama's Spending Extravaganza

I’ve put off making a post about Obama’s spending bill because I am just so absolutely disgusted by it. I could go on for hours about how unbelievably stupid it is, but I’ll be brief.

It’s not a stimulus package. I wish people would stop calling it that. I’ve heard estimates from 7-10% of the bill being spent in 2009. If this is supposed to stimulate our crappy economy, why are we waiting to spend 90% of it? It’s actually just a giant bill of pork to pay off Obama’s buddies who helped get him elected. I love how Obama keeps saying, “There are no earmarks in this bill.” Yeah, not if you redefine the definition of ‘earmark’ to suit your agenda. Earth to Obama: the entire bill is pork.

During Obama’s campaign, he told the American people repeatedly that he would be able to pay for every dime of his plans, so where is the $800 billion cut in the budget?

Democrats like to pretend that republicans are into ‘scare tactics’ so I’m curious what they think of Nancy Pelosi’s recent comments. “If we do not pass this economic recovery package, 500 million Americans will lose their jobs every month.” For those of you who aren’t good at math, there are approximately 300 million Americans. Every one of us will lose multiple jobs every month until Obama’s spending bill is passed. Sounds a lot like a scare tactic to me.

So why the rush to pass the bill, Ms. Pelosi? If only 7-10% of the bill is going to be spent this year, why are the democrats pushing for it to be passed so quickly and thoughtlessly?

No comments: